Spanky's Go-Go

Monday, July 16, 2007

Softball, lots and lots of it.

Well, this past Saturday I played in a tournament with my Softball team. We went 2-1, which sadly wasn't enough to get past the round robin. Even though we played very well and had a great runs for and against average. Oh well, it was a lot of fun and I had a great time. I even was drawn at random and won a shirt of some kind which I'll get later today from the manager of the team.

After playing the tournament on Saturday I have a game tonight and another tomorrow night, barring any changes in the weather that could cancel the game. My g/f has really been enjoying the fact that she's been able to see 90% of the games I've played this season, even though I joined the team midway through the season. I have some concerns about playoffs later in the season. That is, if we were to make the playoffs, would I get to play as much as I would like. Mostly because there is a guy who started the season on the team, but due to the new schedule is now unable to play. However if there are games, tournaments or playoff on the weekends, he's able to play. I found this out on Saturday when I started having to play half games so he could play. Not to sound egotistical, but I'm just as good if not better than this guy, and I'm not there to drink like he is, I'm there to play. However, apparently he's been on the team a few seasons now, and I just joined, so I guess there's a little seniority going on. Ah well, I'll just make sure I play well over the next few games and maybe the manager will sub him with someone else rather than me. :)

Anyway, That's all the news for now. All I do is work and play softball, which is fine by me. 'till next time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Online Degree Programs