Spanky's Go-Go

Monday, December 24, 2007

Changes, Holidays and So On....

Hey All!

I know it's been a long time since I've updated this thing, and for that I apologize. My life, well, got kind of crazy the past few months. So I think I'll quickly try to update you all on what's been going on, and give you some insight into my hiatus.

In September I came down with a very bad bout of pneumonia, which put me out of action from work for nearly a month and half. Very nasty stuff. Then when I was well enough to go back to work, I had come to the conclusion that I didn't like my job very much and was tired of all the crap going on in the workplace, and really didn't want to go back. So, with that I quit. Just like that. BAM! quit.  I was always told that if you don't like something in your life, change it. Stop dwelling on how much you don't like whatever it is, get off your butt and change it. So I did.

I went out and pounded the pavement shortly there after, and quickly found a new job. I like this job, sure it's hard work, but I like that. I've lost 20 lbs in the past month and a bit that I've been at this job and despite being a little sore and tired from the Christmas rush, I haven't felt this good in some time. It's so nice not to have to deal with the mental stress that my previous job liked to dump on me. Sure I didn't' want to leave the friends and co-workers I liked behind, but you know what, the ones that really meant something to me, I just keep in touch with them anyway.

Now the holidays are upon us and for some reason that fact hasn't really set in yet. I mean, it's freakin' Christmas Eve and I don't feel very Christmas-y. However, once the g/f gets off work we're driving to my parents place so maybe once I get there I'll feel a little more of that holiday spirit. If not, I'm sure I can find it's liquid equivalent.

Anyway, that pretty much catches you up on everything that's been going on in my life. Okay, sure it's a condensed version, but it's better than nothing at all I suppose. Anyway, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Spank-O is Gone-O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Online Degree Programs